Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sunday and Snow

December 14 is cold this time of year. We spent at afternoon at an art exhibit. Sara Jones had a showing in town, she's a rising star. Dinner with friends seemed a great way to spent the evening. We had dinner at Ursula's Wine Bar & Cafe (did I mention I own it?) A wonderful bottle of Forth Syrah graced the table. Forth is a small producer in Northern Sonoma County. They are wonderful people and make marvelous wine. The syrah was well balanced with a touch of earthiness. It paired very well with my pork loin with yam bread pudding and a sugar plum sauce. While at dinner our friend Sheila pulled out a bottle in a paper bag. We tried this delicious red that turned out to be Blackstone Sonoma Reserve Rubric. It's a Bordeaux blend, doesn't cost an arm and a leg and tastes great. After dinner my lovely and I retired to our entertainment suite to watch a movie and share a glass of wine. The movie has already been forgotten but the wine was a 2005 4 Vines Bailey Vineyard Syrah. It was outstanding. The flavors were wound around a silky mouth feel and finished with a long and lingering "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh". So what if it's freezing, I've got my love and wine to keep me warm.

No comments: