Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Beautiful Day for a Domegame

I got tickets for the Twins last game in the Metrodome (or so I thought). Instead of doing lunch downtown amid the madness and mayhem (I should point out the Twin Cities Marathon was going on that morning) we had brunch at our friends, Tom and Janelle, home. We had been to the Twins very first game in the dome with Tom and Janelle so it was fitting to see them out together.  Brunch was great. We had a cheesy potato dish, the requisite egg dish, killer caramel rolls and fruit. Mamosas made with Mionetto Prosecco also graced the table. The food was great. On a Sunday morning caramel rolls always rule and these did. The egg dish and potatoes were fabulous. Everyone had seconds. We got downtown, parked and had a nice walk to the stadium. The game was great, the Twins won and tied Detroit for first place. The food was ball park food. I never touch the cotton candy, it looks way too scary. We munched on peanuts and sunflower seeds through most of the game. A ball game is not complete without a hot dog. The dome dogs are ok. Maybe I'm getting snobby in my old age but they did not elicit yummy noises. I'll take an Ambassador hot dog from my grocer any day. I washed it down with a Miller Light, sorry I'm not a big fan of 3.2 beer, but you take what you can get and the wine at the dome is painful. See ya dome and I can't wait to watch baseball outside next summer.

No comments: